Plant Area Manager
Hargreaves Recruitment are working with a unique plant and home store dedicated in delivering an individual service offering an edited collection of plants, sourced for quality, unusual variety and availability.
Their home store brings their customers a service as well as carefully selected products from independent suppliers and makers, supporting creative and small businesses in the U.K.
Their aim is to build a community for their customers, holding events and workshops regularly. Offering an interior and plant design service with their skilled and dedicated team.
Plant Area Manager –Full Time / alternate weekends –
The Nursery Manager will be the meet or exceed all financial, operational and visual goals by being proactive and reactive to the daily business, cultivating a high calibre sales staff through training and development when required, and maintain the highest standard for customer service and quality plant product. S/he will collaborate closely with the plant buyer to identify and analyse customer response to assortment. S/he will partner with store merchandisers/staff and uphold The Windlesham Gardener’s visual aesthetic through product placement and interesting displays. The Nursery Manager will be actively involved contributing on a broader level through store-wide leadership. The Nursery Manger will play a lead role in all events by generating ideas and helping support execution of workshops, educational classes, and large-scale events as they relate to the plant product.
Description of Job Role
• A strong knowledge in Horticulture/plants, Assist customers with plant identification, selection, site and cultural requirements, disease, and pest control.
• Product knowledge including soil amendments, soil types, and organic pest/disease control and garden tools are useful.
• Provide a high level of individualised customer service. Exceed customer expectations by building genuine, long lasting relationships with our customers through personalised attention.
• Have knowledge of and share with customers all in store events.
• Maintain plants, working towards a high turnover of stock through sales keeping waste to a minimum.
• Work productively with the team and take initiative to work with others toward a common, collaborative goal.
• Build strong relationship and communicate with Plant Buyer to identify and react to departmental opportunities and successes, customer needs, and product assortment.
• Train and develop all nursery staff members regarding all aspects of the nursery.
• Be a leader and be perceived as a leader to all staff. Give appropriate feedback to staff and peers and make decisions in the moment to address positive and negative performance.
• Create and execute weekly objectives that will contribute to the overall weekly success of your department.
Do you have experience or a keen interest in horticulture?
Do you have previous management experience?
In return the client offers a competitive salary, bonus structure and 28 days Holiday.
Due to the high volume of applicants that apply – please assume if you haven’t heard back within 14 days you have been unsuccessful