To support the Head of Department in the provision of Legal Secretarial Services to the practice by providing competent and efficient Legal Secretarial duties
– To support the Head of Department in the management of the secretarial workload, ensuring that the priorities of the department are met.
– To support Conveyancers in the production of files by typing dictated work as directed.
– To support Conveyancers in the maintenance of files by effective file management.
– To assist Conveyancers in the management of case-load by dealing with file related queries either face to face or by telephone.
– To ensure that clients are dealt with efficiently and politely and that appropriate legal matters are raised with the Conveyancer.
– To assist in general office administration and in the locating of files when necessary.
– To transmit correspondence by fax machine and undertake photocopying when necessary.
– To answer internal telephone calls efficiently and politely and take messages, as necessary.
– To ensure that all internal methods, systems, policies and procedures are adhered to.
– To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
• Self motivated and able to organise own work with minimum supervision.
• Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
• Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
• Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
• Delivers work output to the required standard.
• Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
• Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
Working with People
• Ability to build and maintain working relationships with others and is seen as ‘approachable’.
• Operates effectively as part of a team.
• Willing to offer help to all colleagues to ensure company success.
• Demonstrates sound judgement and good decision making when dealing with problems.
• Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution or take the correct course of action.
• Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action.
• Checks that information is accurate and complete.
• Looks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods.
• Able to express oneself both orally and in writing in a clear and constructive way.
• Willing to ask questions, listen to others views and accept advice.
• Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements.
• Good client / Introducer / supplier handling skills both by telephone and face to face.