Hargreaves Recruitment have a great opportunity for a highly skilled store manager, ideally with horticultural knowledge, although not essential. The ideal candidate should have proven management experience within the retail sector.
The store manager will be joining the team at an exciting time, just as we open the shop which gives the right candidate the brilliant opportunity to really make the role their own. Joining the management team is exciting and rewarding but requires hard work and dedication through strong leadership.
The client’s ethos is essential to their store. They pride themselves on their determination to try and make everything they do seasonal, sustainable and high-quality and their products reflect this. They offer an edited collection of plants, sourced for quality and unusual variety. Their home store brings their customers carefully selected products from independent suppliers and makers, supporting creative and small businesses throughout the U.K.
They are striving to build a community for their customers and will be holding events and workshops regularly.
Home and Garden Store Manager
Leading their team, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations for the store, providing impeccable customer service whilst achieving sales targets. You will be responsible for managing and developing a strong and enthusiastic team and will lead by example. You will oversee admin duties including: stock control, cash control, staff rotas, health & safety, welfare and producing management reports from the EPOS system. You will liaise and work with our buyers to ensure we have the right products for our customers.
What the store manager will need to excel in this role:
• To be a team player
• Experienced people manager, with a motivational and approachable leadership style
• Proven experience of driving profitability
• The ability to make sense of cost control and profit data
• Commitment and passion for delivering excellent customer service
• Previous experience at Store Manager level
• Ideally with a background in garden and/or homeware products
• Be able to support a team and be a solution focused
• Be an organised individual with admin experience
• Have good communication skills
• Have a willingness to learn and a commitment to personal development
Do you have experience or a keen interest in horticulture ?
Do you have previous management experience ?
Alternate weekends and holiday working are required so you will need to be flexible to support this.