Role summary for the Bookkeeper
The role of the Bookkeeper is a key role within the clients Full Finance Function where they look after all aspects of their client’s financial requirements. As part of the role, you would be expected to perform a wide range of accounting activities in line with your AAT Level 3 qualifications or equivalent.
The fundamental aim of any role within the client’s business is to provide their clients with an exceptional experience through the quality of your work and the highest possible levels of customer service. The right person will fit both their company values and personal expectations.
As an entry-level role within the business, you will receive full scope and support to continue your personal and professional development. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to work for an innovative, tech-driven, growing business within the Accountancy industry.
The Following is a more detailed description of responsibilities within the role.
The core of the role is centred around their Bookkeeping services. Practice experience is essential to perform the functions of this role effectively. As a Bookkeeper, you must be able to demonstrate experience and understanding of the following areas.
● Processing client paperwork
● Bank reconciliations
● A clear understanding of posting to nominal codes
● Basic VAT Treatment knowledge
● Processing of CIS Suffered and CIS Stopped
● Understanding of the key accounting reports; P&L, Balance Sheet, Aged payables, Aged Receivables
● Posting wage journals
For all of the above activities, the Book-Keeper must ensure they have a clear and demonstrable understanding of all the deadlines set by HMRC and Companies House, as well as deadlines that are set internally to meet delivery targets. A thorough understanding of HMRC and Companies house together with experience working with them is essential for this role,
Another key aspect of the role is the ability to manage deadlines and communicate effectively. The client’s business operates a deadline driven environment in order to produce month-end management information for all clients. Bookkeeping is conducted weekly across teams, of which, the Bookkeeper is responsible for delivery of clients they actively look after, and those where Bookkeeping is processed on their behalf. It is therefore essential that the Bookkeeper can.
● Manage workloads
● Schedule work to ensure deadlines are hit
● Support colleagues with Bookkeeping queries
● Communicate effectively with clients
● AAT Level 3 qualification or equivalent
● Experience of working in Accounting Practice
● IT literate
● Knowledge of Accounting Software
● Excellent communication skills
● Ability to meet deadlines and manage your own workload
● Experience working in Cloud based software