Mechanical Contract Manager
MECHANICAL CONTRACT MANAGER
Hargreaves Recruitment have the pleasure of working with a very unique company that are based in South Yorkshire
They are an internationally recognised specialist in Mechanical & Electrical Turnkey Systems across a wide range of engineering market sectors.
They offer an exciting and challenging working environment and the ideal fit for them would be someone that is incredibly adaptable as the projects you will be working can be very diverse
This role will involve working away from home with accommodation and expenses paid for by the company, you will also be provided with a company van, the travel will include working at sites throughout the UK and overseas
The successful and effective leadership of projects associated with the mechanical handling function of prestigious turnkey engineering tenders and contracts.
Project management of mechanical handling design projects from tendering to commissioning.
Management and Involvement with preparation of estimates and tenders and functional and technical design specifications.
Managing projects and members of a team of multidiscipline engineers.
- Customer facing experience.
- Experience of managing technical / engineering personnel.
- Experience of project and contract management
- Experience of estimating and tendering.
- Experience & understanding of complex mechanical systems for large moving structures
- Experience with NEC Contract Conditions
Knowledge and Skills:
- Qualified to minimum HNC in mechanical engineering.
- A proven track record in managing complex mechanical engineering projects.
- Preferably with knowledge and demonstrable background in the design and application of mechanical handling systems across a diverse range of large turnkey engineering projects.
- Knowledge of current statutory legislation.
- Computer literate, confident in working with Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Microsoft Project
- Presentation & written communication.
- Effective liaison with external bodies.
- Effective record keeping.
- Man Manager & Effective Communicator
- Understanding and implementation of the requirements for the European Machinery Directive
- Medical Insurance
- Van, phone, laptop
Progression and development