York ~ Cheshire
Hargreaves Recruitment, are pleased to share that we are now working with an Electrical Engineering specialist who have been key players in the industry for over 40 years
They provide complete project management and engineering services to businesses based all over the UK
Due to natural growth and a high demand for their services, they are looking to grow their business and introduce new talent into the work force
- Full training
- Progression for higher level roles (highly encouraged by the business) to such positions such as Construction Management, Project Engineering
- Over time
- All hotel and travel costs arranged and paid for by the company
- 25 days holiday
- Company vehicle OR car allowance provided
The reality of the role
What you can earn with over time: £48,000
Working hours / days: Mon-Fri 08:00 to 16:30 (36-hour standard week rising to 50-hours per week with over time)
Location: The role will take you nationwide so being flexible with working away is a MUST if you apply for this role
The key responsibilities of the role
- Suitably qualified Site Supervisor with relevant industry experience in Rail, Industrial or ESI areas.
- This position reports to the Construction Manager and is normally resident at site.
- The role is to support the Construction Manager in managing the site and contractors (including CDM and all Health and Safety Issues).
- To ensure that the installation is to specification, progress is monitored, quality is assured, and work is carried out safely in accordance with applicable legislation, rules and standards.
- Deputise for the Construction Manager (if required).
- Supervise or assist with the clients fitters and wiring staff on site.
- Ensure adherence to CDM requirements.
- Enforce and monitor health and safety compliance on site.
- Check installation in accordance with the design.
- Carry out environment, quality and health and safety checks.
- Supervise all contractors and staff on site ensuring that the relevant competencies are adhered to.
- Monitor progress against agreed programme.
- Inform the Construction Manager of resources, plant, labour and labour requirements recording them on daily diary sheets.
- Ensure that the installation is carried out in accordance with agreed method statements, Network Rail standards and legislation.
- Conduct safety inspections reporting any remedial action required.
- Report accidents / incidents in accordance with the Company procedure.
- Undertake Level A/B Duties as required.
- Undertake site surveys and asset studies as required.
- Ensure activities comply with clients HSQE Policies, conform to contractual obligations and meet statutory HS&E regulations.
The client is looking to conduct interviews ASAP so if you feel this could be the right opportunity for you, then we would love to hear from you